Thursday, March 26, 2009

work vs. play

Where does being grateful to be employed end and hating your job begins?

At this point, I find myself floating in between. On the one hand, I'm so grateful to be employed in this horrific market [thanks Bush.] and to have a steady income. On the other hand, I'm starting to really dislike my job. Not only are the people ridiculous (I've never met an office diva til I started here), but the actual job is not exciting or motivating at all. I realize this is only a stepping stone in my career, but this REALLY sucks balls. I've never heard of someone being reprimanded for NOT chitchatting with their boss. Productive use of time much? Also, I strongly dislike the fact that my work hours extend beyond the 9-5:30 frame. I don't want to work while I'm at home. I don't want to have to work at my social life's expense either (and by this I mean after-hours shit). If this were banking or an executive firm, I would understand the value behind putting in 70 hrs of work. This is DEF not the case and I don't get paid overtime. I make very little as it is for the amount of work expected of me. Ugh..I hate that I don't like my job, but it is what it is. In any case, I'm still on the job hunt.


+vibes

No comments: