Sunday, March 15, 2009

cakes of rainbows and feelings

Before I begin this post, I must say thanks to a friend of mine who's inspired me to blog more. My girl was the original inspiration, but seeing how life can get in the way, I really lost the motivation to blog. I only recently re-appreciated the therapeutic values of blogging through seeing my friend's posts. I truly appreciate the openness with which she approaches blogging [even about personal stuff] so thanks Lory!
------------------------------------------------------------

When does a song go from being a really great hit to a highly referenced joke? Does it happen when it's featured on South Park afterwhich any mention of it elicits a chuckle or two?
It's Sunday morning and I actually got up when I set my alarm. After semi-fitful sleep, I woke up and turned on my ihome (sometimes I like to listen to some tunes in the morning, though I really appreciate the value of silence and natural sounds). So I'm surfing the radio and I come across this song that most everybody knows. It's called "Lovin' You" by Minnie Riperton. Now, at first glance you may or may not recognize it. My own exposure to it actually happened via a South Park episode (if they sing the highest note of the song, the donkey explodes). Since then, I've heard it many times, mostly in a comedy setting. I never actually appreciated the song, however, until I actually listened to the lyrics. And being that I am mushier these days than I was before, I definitely felt a romantic connection with the song. The words definitely spoke to me. That being said, below are the lyrics. I dedicate this song (on top of the million other love songs) to my one and only. Love you babe!


Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton

Lovin' you is easy cause you're beautiful
Makin' love with you is all i wanna do
Lovin' you is more than just a dream come true
And everything that i do is out of lovin' you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old

And we will live each day in springtime
Cause lovin' you has made my life so beautiful
And every day my life is filled with lovin' you

Lovin' you i see your soul come shinin' through
And every time that we... oooooh
I'm more in love with you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

Lyrics courtesy of www.romantic-lyrics.com.

peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww thank for the shout out, means a lot to me. I love that I inspired you to write more :) let it all out, it feels so good when you do. it's so damn therapeutic! lol

keep it coming!
Lory_A