Thursday, November 13, 2008

Awkward turtles and their babies..

There's something about talking to a "pseudo" ex that is kind of awkward for me.



We all know what "pseudo" exes are. They're basically people with whom you connect, flirt, talk for hours on the phone, (maybe even have sex) and picture a relationship, but it never really materializes. They're the people who you expose yourself to at most risk because you really don't know where it will go, even if they assure you that you're "on track to getting there."

Sidenote: To me, getting on track towards a relationship is a huge deal. It means that I'm comfortable with making myself vulnerable to you ON TOP of wanting to be monogamous, which isn't really reflected on my track record (ie., my mom called me a womanizer).


I find the whole courting ritual a load of bullshit. You know right off the bat if you're able to be in a relationship with someone or not. If you have doubts (and they clearly outweigh your chemistry), then clearly it's not gonna happen. I just hate when people try to string it along when it's going nowhere..kinda makes me wonder why they do it.
Anyway, at some point you (or they) realize it wouldn't work out. So you're left with some resentment and a lot of questions that would make you seem clingy and pathetic if you asked. Then you move on and kind of cut them out of your life, because heck, you haven't really gotten over them.
So you don't want to see them, and then the next time you do (if it's recent enough to the pseudo-breakup) and they still make you melt, you must start the healing process all over again b/c they've probably moved on by then (I always assume I like someone more than they like me, since this has usually been the case with people I legitimately like). You cut them off again and after a while, you start to see their flaws and the reasons why you would never work out. And hopefully, you come across someone who's even better. Only then, can you be pseudo-friends. But, it's still a little awkward/entertaining to interact after not having done so for a really long time. I'm so interested in the human condition. All these feelings matter to the person experiencing them, and we go through so much bullshit and so much pain for NO reason, other than the natural drama that is being human.

In the end, I'm elated things didn't work out. Everything happens for a reason..and I've found mine :)

No comments: